A mother and her child at an MCHN clinic in Somalia. Copyrights: WFP / Martha Artharini
Encouraging Breastfeeding To Help Improve Nutrition In Somalia
Over 200,000 children in Somalia are malnourished, 50,000 of whom are severely malnourished and face a higher risk of death. WFP works with Mother and Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) clinics throughout the parts of Somalia it has access to in order to address the underlying and basic causes of malnutrition such as poor feeding practices and access to maternal health care.
- 3 December 2013 WFP Delivers Life-Saving Aid To Cyclone-Hit Puntland, Somalia
- 6 February 2013 WFP Food Assistance Returns To Kismayo
- 16 October 2012 Somalia: Livestock Farmer Begins To Recover From Drought
- 17 July 2012 Restoring Hope In Somalia One Year After Famine
- 6 July 2012 Hunger Brings More Somali Refugees To Ethiopia