Fuel-efficient Anagi stoves.
Photo: WFP/Sri Lanka
Collecting firewood for cooking is not only a burdensome task for vulnerable women, it also has an adverse impact on the environment. Using fuel-efficient stoves is one way to combat this issue. On a visit to one of the homes of former IDPs in the northern part of the country, we witness how one little stove has entirely changed a family's quality of life.
- 19 October 2012 Sri Lanka Drought: Difficult Times In The North And The East
- 10 April 2012 Sri Lanka: First Cash Voucher Programme
- 12 December 2011 Sri Lanka: High Food Prices - A View From Batticaloa Market
- 12 December 2011 Sri Lanka: School Feeding Encourages Students To Stay In School
- 15 July 2011 Adora meets students in Batticaloa, Sri Lanka
- 15 June 2011 Hungry Planet: Episode 5
- 16 January 2011 Torrential rains and floods in Sri Lanka
- 18 May 2007 Sri Lanka
- 20 December 2005 Tsunami one year after
- 1 January 2005 Tsunami Aid