WFP has been supporting a watershed management project in Balkh province, northern Afghanistan, for several years.
Photo: WFP/Silke Buhr
In a sweeping valley of Khulm district near Mazar-e-Sharif, spring flooding was an annual problem for local communities until a joint WFP and FAO watershed management project made the area safe and turned the rainwater into an asset.
- 13 March 2013 How Food Is Empowering Women In Afghanistan
- 20 December 2012 Afghanistan: Winter Help For Refugees In Kabul
- 16 November 2012 Afghanistan: Expanding Horizons For The Women Of Kandahar
- 16 November 2012 Afghanistan: Empowering The Next Generation In Kandahar
- 15 November 2012 Afghan Women Learn To Sew To Feed Their Families
- 25 September 2012 Hiking For Peace In Central Afghanistan
- 10 September 2012 The Trouble With Naan
- 10 September 2012 Making More Nutritious Foods For Afghans
- 30 August 2012 A Road Trip In Afganistan