WFP has been supporting a watershed management project in Balkh province, northern Afghanistan, for several years.
Photo: WFP/Silke Buhr
In a sweeping valley of Khulm district near Mazar-e-Sharif, spring flooding was an annual problem for local communities until a joint WFP and FAO watershed management project made the area safe and turned the rainwater into an asset.
- 16 October 2013 World Food Day 2013 (For The Media)
- 29 May 2013 WFP Food Helps Flood Affected Families Recover
- 13 March 2013 How Food Is Empowering Women In Afghanistan
- 20 December 2012 Afghanistan: Winter Help For Refugees In Kabul
- 16 November 2012 Afghanistan: Expanding Horizons For The Women Of Kandahar
- 16 November 2012 Afghanistan: Empowering The Next Generation In Kandahar
- 15 November 2012 Afghan Women Learn To Sew To Feed Their Families
- 25 September 2012 Hiking For Peace In Central Afghanistan
|Beneficiary needs (mt)||106,459|
|Beneficiary needs ($US)||176,938,541|