Anjuara feeds the bull she bought with a cash grant from WFP. Once grown, she will sell the animal and reinvest the profit to increase and diversify her family’s income in the long term.
Photo: WFP/Masud Al Mamun
Resilience to natural disasters has many aspects – a home safe from flooding, the knowledge and skills to prepare for and cope with disasters, and the financial security to recover and rebuild in the aftermath of a shock. In Bangladesh, WFP tackles all these issues with a comprehensive programme.
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women
- 26 September 2013 Bangladesh: School Feeding Encourages Nomadic Children To Attend Class
- 8 May 2013 School Feeding In Bangladesh
- 31 March 2013 WFP Supports Tornado Victims In Central-East Bangladesh
- 22 October 2014 On World Food Day, WFP Highlights Progress Towards Zero Hunger Even As Emergencies Flare
- 22 October 2014 KFC and Pizza Hut launch World Hunger Relief campaign
- 4 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' Pictured By Child Artists