Two of many smiles that are accredited to our humanitarian heroes of Nicaragua. Photo: WFP/Nicaragua
World Humanitarian Day is celebrated on August 19th around the world. It was on this day in 2003, 22 aid workers were killed in a bombing at the UN headquarters in Baghdad. On World Humanitarian Day we remember those who have lost their lives in humanitarian service and pay tribute to those that are making a difference through their hard work and sacrifice. These are our WFP humanitarian heroes changing lives in Nicaragua.
- 24 April 2015 Nicaraguan Farmers Receive Support from Canada
- 5 March 2015 Women are the True Heroes of Humanitarian Work
- 30 September 2014 WFP And Nicaragua’s Army Prepare For Emergency Response
- 16 September 2014 Children Around The Globe Are Back At School, So Are WFP School Meals
- 10 September 2014 Nicaragua Receives Japan’s Valuable Rice Contribution
- 14 April 2014 Earthquakes Shake Nicaragua